- Place a large pan of water on a high heat and bring to the boil.
- In the meantime, peel the carrots and cut them into half (length ways).
- Carefully add the carrots to the boiling water, turn down the heat and simmer gently for around 5-8 minutes.
- Once the carrots are almost cooked, drain off the water using a colander and leave them to stand for a couple of minutes.
- Place onto a roasting tray, lightly coat them in oil and sprinkle with chopped rosemary.
- Bake in a hot oven (200 degrees Celsius) for approximately 30 minutes until dark and crispy on the outside.
- Cut the carrots to roughly the same size to ensure they roast evenly.
- For added flavour try mixing honey with the oil, it will give the carrots a sweet sticky and delicious coating. (Don’t add too much though, as honey burns easily!)