Cauliflower has been dubbed one of the healthiest Vegetables in the world. It contains NO fat and comprises of protein, fibre and an array of minerals and nutrients, all of which are good for you.
Just one serving of Cauliflower will give you 77% of the recommended daily intake of Vitamin C, which is a powerful antitoxin and it has been proven to help prevent and combat cancer. Cauliflower aids digestion, boosts brain health and contains anti-inflammatory properties.
As a snack – Cauliflower is not so popular! Washed florets of cauliflower can be eaten raw and don’t forget eating any vegetable raw will always give your body the most benefit! (As no minerals or nutrients are lost through cooking.)
Boiled Cauliflower and cheesy cauliflower are two very popular recipes. Cauliflower Rice and Cauliflower mash have recently burst onto the scene as a healthy, low-carb and fun way of eating it!
Cauliflower Mash Recipe
Cauliflower is a great alternative to mash potato, perfect if you are calorie counting, loosing weight or eating healthy!
- 1 large Cauliflower
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup fresh herbs (chives and basil both work particularly well)
- Sea salt
- Chop cauliflower into smaller chunks – about bite-size pieces works well.
- Peel garlic cloves and cut in half, lengthwise.
- Steam cauliflower and garlic for 15 minutes or until cauliflower and garlic are tender enough for a fork to easily pass through.
- Combine steamed cauliflower, garlic, fresh herbs, and sea salt in a food processor or a strong blender and blend until everything comes together into a mashed potato-like consistency. Alternatively, you can mash everything together by hand with a potato masher or a fork.
No comments yet.